Friday 15 January 2010

Becoming beguiled.

I just spent 20 minutes trying to get a div to display pixel perfect on a website.

So simple, yet so pleasing (and frustrating). So I thought I would look for the right word to express it. I got it down to a runners up list of three:

Absorb: to involve the full attention of; to engross or engage wholly:so absorbed in a book that he did not hear the bell.
Captivate: to attract and hold the attention or interest of; to capture; subjugate.
Enthrall: to captivate or charm; to put or hold in slavery;

But my final selection is...




Got a little bit i love typography on you there. (Since you asked, the fonts used are MEgalopolis Extra and Cambria, all put together in Fireworks). Feel free to check out the hi res version on my flickr page, and remember to allow your interests to beguile you!

Just leave you with a link to a twitter friend of mine, Scott Williams. He is a pastor over in Northwest Oklahoma, and he is big on integrity, a shared interest. Check out his excellent blog over at http://bigisthenewsmall.com, which is just starting to feature guest bloggers on Fridays. Ah, I can but dream...

Peace,
x

0 comments: